Friday, October 23, 2009

The Little Things

I'm back on the blog! And I didn't even have to give one of the kids away! Turns out I'm up a little early this morning. For the past three weeks I've been trying to squeeze in every little minute of sleep I can. Even if that means I finish feeding the baby at 6:30, try to sleep for 30 minutes, then get up with Drew at 7. The past few mornings have not exactly been a collection of my most shining moments. So, today, I decided that once I was finished feeding the baby, I was just going to get up and get the day started. Naturally, it's 7:30 and Drew's still asleep...

I won't lie-the last week has been nothing short of CRAZY TOWN! Drew has been sick, Big Dan has been sick-like, seriously, needs to sleep all day sick-and we've had home improvement projects going on. While the projects are good, the side effects of said projects are not good. Like having a sick toddler with a massive case of cabin fever who can't play outside. Like having a dog who spends the majority of his life outside, who can't go outside. Like standing on the porch in my robe (it's becoming a habit...) screeching at said dog like a mad woman after he ran off. Again. Like watching my dog do his business on the neighbors' lawn just as the neighbor steps out his front door. Like cleaning up said "business" first thing in the morning, while the baby whines to be fed. Did you hear me say CRAZY TOWN? I will say that I am thanking the Lord every day and continuing to pray for my health and Emily's health. We do not need a sick mama or a sick newborn.

In the meantime, I've been really making a concerted effort to spend some one on one time with Drew. The great thing is, he thinks pretty much anything is fun-especially when I build it up like it's amazing! So far, we have gone pumpkin shopping at Kroger, had "pumpkin days" at home, and had a date to the Corner Pub. The Corner Pub date was quite hilarious considering we got there at 5 p.m. (AARP, anyone?) and Drew just wanted to "play" the race car video game the whole time. He would run back and forth to the table and eat a bite of mac and cheese. And, bless his heart, I just let him run. He was sad that Daddy didn't come with us. He didn't really mention baby sister!

I have pictures of pumpkin days that need to be snapped, but my memory card is full. Again. And, once again, I can't exactly remember how to clear it off. Seriously. Maybe this time I should write it down. That way, next time it gets full it won't take me a full 2 weeks to clear it off!

No comments: