Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Something or Nothing?

My day can be summed up by two things:

First, Emily and I ate ice-cream sandwiches from the Dollar Tree for lunch.  Not just having dessert before lunch.  It was our lunch.

Second, in the same store there was a woman who reminded me SO MUCH of my mom that I almost a) hugged her, and b) started sobbing.

I'm having a grief flare these days, and I'm not a fan.

Right there is where I should end this post, because I really don't have anything else to say.  This is why I'm a terrible "regular" blogger.  It's hard for me to come here and just jot down some stuff for the sake of putting up a post.  The truth is, though, that I don't mind reading those kind of posts on other people's blogs.  I'm trying to decide if I will post on nothing days or not.

It's those big life decisions, you know?

Also, I love when you comment!  Not because I'm a comment hog or care anything about a blog stat (whatever that might be)  It just makes me feel connected to you.  I know there's some sort of signing up process to it.  I'll look into whether or not I can fix that.  But for those of you who do, thanks! (Ps. Do you like my optimism about "fixing" something on here?)

Currently, my heart is simmering with emotions.  We all know simmering leads to a rolling boil, and if we're not careful, a big mess on the stove top.  Some of what may show up here in coming days will probably not put you in a good mood.  I am sad, so sad is probably what is leaking out all around me.

We'll just all cross our fingers that another kid will use private part language in Sunday School, just to lighten the mood!


No comments: