Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Right Now...

Right now...

...I'm blogging for the first time in many, many days.  Hello, old friends!

....my fine china is in the dishwasher because tonight we had "fancy dinner".  To celebrate the fact that I actually cooked.  And, yes, my fine china is dishwasher safe (thank you Lennox) because do you really think those two times a year I use my fine china I'm gonna hand wash it?  Of course not.   The kids drank root beer out of fancy stemmed glasses.  I laughed when I washed them because of the grimy film on the outside of the glasses.  Not something you see everyday.  Or if you do, you should probably reconsider your guest list for dinner!

...I feel like I should've stood by the sink all day while kids just brought me dishes to wash.  Maybe then they would all get done.

...I'm on a 30 minutes work/30 minutes relax schedule.  I do this on nights I have no motivation and lots to get done.  I work for 30 minutes and then do something fun for 30 minutes.  Yes, this doubles the time it takes me to get things done, but they get done.  Otherwise I'd just go to bed at 8:30.

...I'm excited my outfit for tomorrow is already prepared.  I've started this new system where I select all of my outfits for the week on Sunday afternoon, all the way down to the accessories.  I love it.  Of course, said system has only been in place for two weeks.  We all know how I am with the follow-through.  I do love to put a system in place.  It's the maintaining of the system I'm not so hot at.  I need to employ a systems maintainer.  I think that is called "a maid" and is reserved for "rich people".

...I am having a serious love affair with A&W diet cream soda.  And by love affair, I mean I think I might need an intervention.  Not since the Diet Mtn. Dew binge of the early 2000s have I had this much soda to drink.  Hello.  I'm Kelly and I love a Diet Cream Soda.

...I'm being freaking nickled and dimed to death by Drew's ever-lovin' school.  Seriously, I want to shout from the rooftops, "Hey PTO, the well.has.run.dry!!!!!!!!!"  Not to mention the complete tedium of being told by your FIVE YEAR OLD that the school "needs our money".  Nice brainwashing, school, really nice.

...I'm looking towards December when I finally finish my Masters.  Between now and then?  Crazy town central.  But I'll be DONE!!!!!!!!!

...I'm tired just thinking about tomorrow.  My new class of little monkeys are a fast-paced bunch!  They are sweet and smart, but law, they do not do anything slow.  And heaven forbid you take your eyes off them for one second!  By the end of the day on Monday I felt like I'd spent the whole day on a treadmill!

...I have precious few minutes left of relaxing time before I get to do something awesome like pack lunches.

'Til next time!

No comments: