Thursday, August 8, 2013

Confession

Y'all.

I have to tell you the worst thing.

I totally ate a chocolate crinkle cookie. Or four. Whatever.

I KNOW!!

Today was going to be the day I told you all about the Whole 30. But that cookie sang its dang siren song to me and before I knew what was happening I was eating it. And it tasted just like I wanted it to taste. Which is why I had more.

Not good, friends, not good.

I did package some up and send them to Drew's teacher. Which was nice of me, right? Because if I hadn't, then more for me!

So. I think that means I get to start over. Which, you know, not awesome. Because that probably means I will have another detox hangover which is LOADS of fun. Stupid cookies.

In other news, it is raining like none other here in Music City. But the best thing? Every day this week it has been NOT raining right at the times we've been walking to school and walking home. I'm happy to report that we are all still thoroughly enjoying the walking. It is a delightful way to begin and end a school day. Today Drew walked right beside me and told me about his day. I didn't even have to ask. When you have a 6 year old boy, these moments are rare. You have to treat them delicately. Like when you watch a deer in your backyard. Any sudden movements and the moment is gone. Which is hard for me. Because I'm the kind of person that if you crack open the door to your personal life a tiny bit, I'm right there all up in your business. I have learned that Drew does not appreciate this. Ahem. Probably most others don't either.

Tomorrow morning is just around the corner. It's going to be hard work hoisting myself back up on that wagon of healthy eating. Especially with the cookies of chocolate perfection mocking me from the counter.

No comments: