Friday, June 28, 2013

Sick Day

I was starting to worry that I really had jinxed myself. After writing the post about the BEST SUMMER EVER, we had a tough day. Now listen, it wasn't horrible. It just gave me pause after all of my gloating the day before. Things were just a little bit off all the way around.

One thing you should know is that I have been very blessed that when my kids get sick (as older kids) they typically get things in a mild fashion. I recognize what a HUGE blessing this is. And I also recognize that any moment one of my kids is going to get some raging sickness just because I put that in writing. I only tell you that to say that sometimes it is hard for me to know what's happening. Yesterday, Drew was just a wreck. Short tempered and fragile. He said at least 100 times, "You guys are just IRRITATING me." I kept a close eye out, because this is not typical. Especially during the summer when his stress level is relatively low. Finally, last night at bedtime, he requested a Tums and told me his stomach hurt. A-ha. I snuggled him a little and put him to bed.

During the night it became clear that he has some sort of bug. There was no puke. There rarely is. I would like to think that I paid my dues in puke early on, and am now being given a reprieve from it!! It was obvious that he was not feeling good this morning, so we called a home day. Well, after we went to the grocery, because it could not be put off any longer.

I tried to put my agenda aside and tune in to what would really help my little buddy. He was needing some serious Mom time. So, after lunch we all piled in my bed and had a little movie/nap time. Emily got busy "darking up the room" and it was all just what the doctor ordered.


I'm really hoping he's feeling much better tomorrow. It's hard for a growing boy to deal with a diet of crackers and jell-o!

No comments: