Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Bloomin' Spring

It's here!!! It's finally here!! I am taking a break on the couch after a great morning of hard playing at the park. Woo hoo! The park!! I'm ecstatic about the spring, and I'm excited about the way it made its' entrance. But let me back up...

Over the weekend, Daniel and I made a last minute decision to head to Knoxville and go to the UT men's basketball game. I'm really glad we did. It was great. Well, except for the whole losing at the buzzer part. But, we got cheap tickets, free parking and of course all the redneck entertainment we could stand. I am a sports fan. I love to watch ball games, and I especially like to watch them live. There are lots of reasons for this. First, much to the chagrin of some of my family members, I'm a "woo-er". I love to give a big "Woo!" when something exciting happens. This is just not real appropriate from the couch, you know? I won't lie and say I've never done it in the heat of of UT football game, but it's just awkward for everyone. When you're really AT the game, a simple "Woo" is tame compared to what's going on around you. So I can "Woo" it up all I want! Second, I love to listen to fans talk around me. Because, as you know, every fan's an expert. Why the guy behind me was not hired to be head coach instead of Bruce Pearl, is probably a giant mystery to him. I think it probably has something to do with the fact that he said, "We just can't get over the hump with this team", about 97 times in the second half. There were two guys in front of us who were apoplectic over the foul shot issue (which was bad). And, finally, my favorite thing about a live sporting event is the random yeller. This is the guy who waits until everything is quiet and then screams something out. (These guys also show up at concerts on a regular basis). At the game, every time Wayne Chism came into the game this guy shouted out "Do it, Wayne!". A-hahahaha! Let's not leave out the "Ref, you suck" shout either. No live basketball game would be complete without it.

After the game Daniel and I walked down to the strip to eat. *Cue the "Memories" music* It was great to have an afternoon out together and stomp around UT. Good times.

So, back to spring. As we drove back into our neighborhood Sunday evening (it was still light!!) we were greeted by the sight of ALL the pear trees in bloom!!!! I almost burst into tears!! The neighbors are emerging and the kids are a little less nuts. Spring is here, people. Spring is here.

1 comment:

jon. said...

Do it, Wayne! - That is pretty hilarious. I can only imagine the other things that were said that night.