Wednesday, June 9, 2010

8 months


EIGHT MONTHS. What the what??? My baby girl is 8 months old. I can't believe it.

The change in Emily in the last month has been crazy. She is growing like a weed and doing new things every day.

Emily, at 8 months:

*You are just as happy as ever. You still laugh so easily, love being around other kids, and you do great playing on your own.

*Drew is still your best friend. He is so good to play with you and you think every single thing he does is hilarious.

*You have shown your sensitive side a little more lately. While you are pretty laid back, you don't love loud noises and sometimes play gets too rough for you.

*I finally found a way to get you to enjoy a bath-in the sink!! This also helps me keep my sink clean...sometimes!





*You love, love, love to feed yourself and would just keep eating puffs/dried fruit/fruit as long as I kept putting it on your tray.


*It seems your stomach might be catching up with the rest of you. Maybe. But, we are branching out and it seems like you are handling it. I am hoping that we are going to turn a major corner really soon and leave all the drama behind!

*You sit up like a champ. You love sitting up and get super frustrated when you fall over. Although, you have learned to make it more than just flopping down! You can sort of ease yourself down now. Just tonight you pushed yourself back up to sitting-almost-you were in sort of a herky position, but I'm counting it!

*You are thisclose to crawling. You push up to your knees all the time. I know you will be so happy when you can motor all around.

*Even though you aren't technically crawling, you can sure cover some serious ground. You scoot backwards all over the house. Today I found you playing in the dog's water bowl. Yummy!

*Since you are such a good sitter, you have had some new experiences-swinging, which you LOVE and riding like a big girl in the stroller.





Em, you are growing so much and we are SO happy to have you in our family. You bring us so, so much joy. I can't wait to watch you grow and change in the coming days. I love you baby girl!!

2 comments:

Paula said...

She is adorable!!

Heather F. said...

Your two sweeties look so much like you! I love to read your blog - your writing voice is excellent and it's fun to know how you're processing the whole adventure. You are a fabulous mom. Would love to see you sometime!