Monday, June 25, 2012

Friday Fun Day

I know.  It's Monday, not Friday.  But, my life blows up at Friday at 4:30 and doesn't reconfigure until I drag my bones out of bed on Monday morning.  But.  Fridays are dedicated days of fun.  As much as possible, that is.  We all know how it works out when I declare something definitively.

Last Friday, Katy and I took the kids to one of our favorite haunts.  The Discovery Center in Murfreesboro.  If you troll around on this blog, you will find old pictures of Drew and Lyla at this same spot.  We had a great time today.  The bigs are old enough to pretty much turn loose to explore.  Since they aren't seeing each other every day they LOVED hanging out.  I only got a few pictures-they are a hard crew to keep up with!

You'll notice Em is no longer nervous about climbing in trucks...

See?  Every time she did something new, she would say, "Take my picture!"  I think she was trying to make up for last week.


This is Drew under the car in the "Fix a Car" exhibit.  It's been his fave since he was little!

"I was born a coal miner's daughter"...and her cousin.

Drew on the Penny-Farthing bike

Lyla on the Penny-Farthing bike

SpiderMan and his beautiful Mom.

You didn't know I got to hang around with SpiderMan did you?  He would only let me take his picture if Katy stood with him.  I promise, you never have to doubt his love for her!

Next week my other sister and her kids will be here for Friday Fun Day.  I don't want to wish my life away, but I wouldn't mind it being Friday tomorrow!

No comments: