Thursday, June 14, 2012

On a Thursday

Today I started out the day rescuing my neck from a tick.  Apparently there is a whole tick habitat out back.  This is a teeny bit disconcerting given the amount of kids in my backyard each day.

I followed up that bit of fun with fishing a giant wad of toilet paper from my toilet. WITH MY HANDS. I didn't know what else to do.  In the moment I stood looking at the toilet, listening to a little girl apologize profusely for using too much paper (she was having a little anxiety about wiping enough-think we covered it...)  I tried to fish it out with the toilet brush.  Nothing doing.  As I looked at it some more I went through various items in my head-tongs, spatula, handle end of the plunger.  For sure if I used a kitchen utensil it was going in the trash.  If I used the handle end of the plunger I would have to hold it near the toilet end of the plunger.  I couldn't do it. At the last minute, I just lost my head.  I  stuck my hand in, put the wad in a plastic grocery sack and threw it away.  And washed my hands for an hour.  To my credit, I just did not have time to really think it through.  It just had to get done.

These events pretty much set the tone for the day.  I had kids falling down left and right.  Siblings punching each other, and a lovely mixture of black beans and play-doh coating my floor by the end of the day.  This is not a bad day.  This is a normal day.

Try not to be jealous.

No comments: