Friday, March 4, 2011

Pussy willow

Please tell me you snickered just a little at the title. It will make me feel so much better about myself.

My son, he gets some weird things stuck in his little brain. Back in the winter (you know, two weeks ago...) when we were on a complete t.v. binge (don't judge...) Drew watched an episode of Ms. Spider's Sunny Patch and became obsessed with pussy willow. On the show Ms. Spider has a "stuffie" made out of pussy willow, her daughter uses it at Grandma's, loses it, drama ensues.

Drew decided he wanted his very own "stuffie" made from pussy willow. I'm not kidding.

I tried explaining that it wouldn't really work. Spiders are tiny, so their "stuffies" are tiny. We would need like 6,000 bushels of pussy willow to make a "stuffie" his size. I thought we were done with the conversation.

A few weeks went by and Drew asked, "Mom, how do bugs hibernate in the winter?" I did what any decent mom does-I pulled out the World Book encyclopedia. Ok, fine, I googled. When I explained what google was all about Drew's eyes got wide and he said, "Mom!! Can we google pussy willow?" I was nervous. Google can be dangerous, youknowwhatI'msayin'?? But we found it, and learned all about it. And we are now the proud owners of our very own fake pussy willow. On the table in the dining room. Ushering in spring like none other.

I just have no idea what I'd do without that kid.

1 comment:

Katy said...

Love this! I'll have to come by and see the pussy willow!!