Monday, May 12, 2008

Pee Pee and Poo Poo

I apologize if you are offended by the title.  Life with a toddler is a dirty job.  In an effort towards pre-pre-pre-pre potty training, I've been discussing the contents of diapers with Drew.  The other day when I was changing his diaper he offered up for the first time, "Pee Pee".  Ok, well, it doesn't sound exactly like that- more like "zee zee", but it gets the point across.  So then I said, "What else goes in a diaper?" and he said, "Poo Poo!" and DIED laughing.  Seriously.  How do kids know from the very beginning that poo poo is funny? (And don't try to act like you are too sophisticated to think it is-you know you do!!) I, of course, cracked up and thus set the course for us to talk about "Poo Poo" all day.  Laughing our heads off all the way. =)

On a side note (remember I told you you might have to endure some mommy stories, too!) I TOTALLY scored at our neighborhood yard sale on Saturday.  I was able to procure so many items I was on the hunt for, including a Little Tykes table and chairs for TWO dollars!!  AND, I have finished the first coat of paint in the playroom-to-be.  Almost there!!

No comments: