Thursday, September 18, 2008

The Fine Arts

We have had a very artsy week.  I think I have mentioned before that I joined a local moms group.  One of the great benefits of this group is all the free classes we get to attend.  You might remember the "dance class incident".  You might think after that experience I would be reluctant to try another Mommy & Me class.  You would be wrong.  Maybe I'm a glutton for punishment.  Or maybe, I'm always looking for some way to keep the kids entertained!

I signed us up for a Music with Mommie class.  I was excited about the class this week, scheduled for today.  Imagine my surprise when we went to story time yesterday and it was the Music with Mommie lady!  So, now, we have had two rounds of this little music class and I must say it is a total hit!  The kids got to play drums, maracas, egg shakers, rhythm sticks (real ones-not wooden spoons from my kitchen), dance with scarves and play with a parachute.  And, the miracle is that they BOTH loved it!  Very, very fun.

Also, we did a little painting yesterday.  I mentioned before about the free easel we got from the neighbor.  Well, along with the easel we also got a bunch of paint and some little smocks.  Yesterday I set up the easel and let the kids go to town.  They had a blast painting.  I'm planning to hang their masterpiece up in the play room.

Here are a couple of pics of the action:








1 comment:

jon. said...

oh my gosh. those pics are too cute! you're so good to my baby. thanks!!!!!