Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Girlfriends

Girlfriends are the best. They are the ones who understand when you've been alone with toddlers all day and just need to get your words out. They are the ones who tell you it's no big deal that you child has eaten oatmeal for dinner 14 nights in a row. Girlfriends understand why ice-cream makes it all better.

I have to tell you. Lyla is turning out to be quite the girlfriend. Just the other day we were upstairs in my bedroom. She came running up behind me, slapped me on the behind, and said, "Look, Aunt Kel, your booty!" I laughed and said, "I know, isn't it big?" and she replied, "No Aunt Kel, it's little!" See?? Who else would say that besides a girlfriend??

And then today, a day in which I have not had a shower, my hair is super struggling and I look rather bedraggled, she looked right at me and said, "It's your pretty hair, Aunt Kel!" I don't know how she knows the code already-that you always tell your girlfriend she is looking good-but I'm pretty thankful to have such a great little self-esteem builder around!

No comments: