Thursday, February 5, 2009

The Winter blah, blah, blahs

Can I just let you know how happy I am about it being February?? To me, January is the the worst month of the whole year. Not only is it the epitome of cold and dark, but it is long. Somehow, though, this year, it flew by (hmmm, maybe a trip to the sunny caribbean didn't hurt...) and now it is February. I love February, you want to know why? Yes, it's still cold, and yes it's still dark, but it's SHORT!! And, only 28 days this year. No pesky Leap Day getting in the way of my race to March. I know, deep down, that winter always lingers into March, but somehow, mentally, March is the finish line for me. And as of today, it is only 24 days away!

Today I hopped on weather.com to see what the weather was going to be today. I was really hoping for at least the 40s so we could maybe play outside for a while today. When I typed in my zip code this is what came up: 12. TWELVE degrees outside. The high is going to be a whopping 34 or something ridiculous. We are so sun and fresh air deprived it's ridiculous. Add to that the fact that Drew is STILL sick three weeks later and you have a recipe for a whole lot of crazy.

Yesterday the sun was out. Not the muted winter sun, but the real live sun. It was still totally freezing outside, but I stood by the back glass doors and "basked" in the sun, just trying to soak in whatever I could. It made me think of the time Drew was a baby and had jaundice and Granna and I laid him in the Boppy by this same back door to sun him!! We were quite proud of ourselves when we took him back to the ped and the jaundice was gone!!

I have scoured every website and mommy blog looking for ideas to keep the kids busy. It's going to be a doozy. At least I may have some good blog stories to write.

I don't think it's by mistake that the very song playing on my iTunes right now is "Let the Sunshine In".

1 comment:

Lissy said...

I totally almost called you this morning because when I checked the weather it was 11 degrees. I was thinking, "WHAT??".... apparently it is supposed to be nice this weekend though. Outside, here we come!