Friday, April 23, 2010

Cel-A-Brate

Good times, c'mon!! Kool and the Gang. Just for you. You're welcome.

I know I've mentioned before that April for us is like another intoxicating round of the holidays. We have 1) Easter 2) 5 (yes FIVE) family birthdays and 3) our anniversary. It's just like one big ol' party all the time (Eddie Murphy or Blackeyed Peas-reader's choice! You're welcome, again) around here.

I've taken a few pictures of our celebrating fun, and now, you will be subjected to them all. Just like a good old fashioned slide show from Uncle Henry's Grand Canyon vacation. I mean, I just keep giving and giving...

First, we had our first cook-out of the season. We had some friends from Knoxville here, but they ended up coming over later and missed the actual cooking out. There was much mayhem and boyhood mischief since they have three boys. I, naturally, forgot to take any pictures once they got here. Clearly this is never going to become a famous photography blog. You know, in case you were thinking that...moving on...



Next, we celebrated Big Dan's birthday. We kept it low-key. Drew and I got him an ice cream cupcake from Marble Slab. Do you know about this fabulousness?? My sister, Katy, introduced me to them. It's like a little mini ice-cream cake. And, if you're wondering, ice-cream cake is my FAVORITE. But, I knew we didn't need a big ice-cream cake hanging around. And by "we", I mean me. So, these are perfect! And, i don't like to brag, but I freaking scored a home run on birthday dinner and gift. First time in nine years, people.



Do you like this hat that Big Dan is sporting? Sweet, no? I got it at the Dollar Store. I'm pretty sure it's going to become a tradition.

After Big Dan's birthday we got to celebrate Granna's birthday with Uncle Mick and Uncle Crick. Please note the utter lack of creativity. More ice cream cupcakes (in cookies and cream-Granna's fave!) and the birthday hat. But I'm pretty sure it was the first time in a while that anyone made Granna blow out a candle!!





And last, but certainly not least...Big Dan and I celebrate 9 years of wedded bliss. NINE YEARS. My little brother was 12 when we got married. TWELVE. And now he is finishing up his junior year of college. What??!! Even weirder, is that Katy was barely out of high school. Now here we all are nine years and 6 kids later...you know, 6 for the whole gang. I haven't been hiding four kids away or anything.

Big Dan just wandered in the kitchen and told me he was glad we decided to get married. Seriously. Love him. It seems like five minutes ago, and yet SO much has happened. Like a weird time warp Willy Wonka style. Ha! Our life is a little like a fun house. Or side show.

Love you, Big Dan! Can't wait to see what's around the bend!!



PS: We are still HOT all these years later!! =)

No comments: