Friday, April 9, 2010

Overheard

Ya'll, I'm on the verge of melting into sobs. Again.

Today I was in the kitchen getting ready to head to the family room when I overheard this conversation:

"There you go, sweetie." Drew puts a toy on the tray of the jumper for Emily. "We're best friends, did you know that??" Gulp.

"I love you so much, Emmy. I do. I love you soooooo much."

Seriously. I. can't. take. it.

And then, of course, he started swinging her around way too high. I was about to tell him to "Stop that right now!" until I realized that she loved it. She worships him already. I know there will come a time when she will drive him nuts and he'll probably be mean to her. But I hope these seeds of tenderness remain in his heart towards her. I hope she will always know how much he loves her.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Wylie was his name...bizarro! Love you.