Friday, August 13, 2010

For the Love

Well, I made it a few days without causing significant damage to anything around here, but never fear, I've done it again. This time I have royally messed up my computer. I am utterly sick about it. Yesterday Big Dan called me up to say, "Would it help if I came home early so you could get some work done in your classroom?" A THOUSAND TIMES, YES!! So, I headed to school to work for a few hours and took my computer with me so I could have some musical accompaniment. On the return trip my giant bag was filled with books I needed to review, and my computer was on top. And then. I had to stop abruptly, and the bag fell into the floor. And then. When I turned on my computer the whole right side of the screen was, well, not quite right. As in, a big blank white space that was sort of flashing. Oh.my.word.

I have a slight attachment to my computer and I was having a slight drama-fest over it and Big Dan just started laughing at me. He did point out that I have had the computer for quite a while. WHICH IS PRECISELY THE POINT. We're tight, the iBook and I. We have chemistry. We jive. And now I've perhaps fatally wounded him.

There is a tiny glimmer of hope. Uncle Jon is a Mac genius. And what, with all his free time just now with school starting back, I'm sure he can't wait to work on my decrepit iBook. Wonder if there's any chance I made $1300 at the consignment sale??

1 comment:

Katy said...

oooh, suck. the hamilton luck strikes again.