Sunday, August 1, 2010

Happy August!

Can you believe it is August 1st?? August has been looming large in my own mind for several weeks now. For some reason, August 1 was my deadline for various and sundry projects that I felt compelled to finish. It's like I'm nesting! (NOT pregnant...) it's the weirdest thing. And the only thing I can say is that it must be the push of school coming up. I guess somewhere in my subconscious I think I'm never going to get to work around the house again. Whatever it is, I sort of hope the momentum keeps going. I'm going to need it!

I worked in my classroom for around five hours yesterday. FIVE HOURS. And you would never know it. Sigh. Much to be done, but it was a good head start. They are replacing my floors starting on Tuesday, so another week is down the tubes. I did find a giant cabinet in my room full of books! Woo! I can't wait to dig through them.

I carted off a bunch of stuff to a consignment sale today. I waited outside for an hour. Outside. Where it's sweltering. I'll let you know if it was worth it!

Got the garage door fixed. That Chad, he's a good one. I told him I knew we probably needed to replace the door, but it wasn't exactly on the short list. He said, "Hey, I understand. We'll keep this thing going as long as we can." And that's why I love him.

Big Dan has worked his guts out to help me out this weekend (Holla, Big Dan!) I am currently hiding in my room. Just to give my ears a rest. I don't think Drew has stopped talking for around 3 weeks straight!

No comments: