Tuesday, January 25, 2011

A Little Blog Soup

Every single day, I think, "Hey, I should put that on my blog" and then I realize it amounts to exactly one sentence, probably a run-on, and I don't do it. So, today, I'm doing a good old fashioned brain dump and telling you all sorts of fascinating information about my children and my life. I can feel your excitement from here.

1. My children are complete and total fruit-a-holics. I don't know what the deal is, but they are flat eating me out of house and home, especially in the fruit department. I know I should be glad. At least they are not addicted to cheetos, but it is difficult to keep up with all the eating of the fruit. And, just so you know, I did not freeze and/or can any fresh, local produce over the summer, so we are eating bananas shipped all the way from who-knows-where in the amount of AT LEAST two bunches a week. And don't even get me started on the grapes.

2. Emily has learned to say "Hold me". While I'm glad she is gaining more words, I'm not particularly ecstatic about this one. It ran its' course in about 2 hours when she proceeded to say it approximately 1,000 times.

3. One of my favorite people ever recently moved to Nashville. Ashley and her new hubby live here. She came over to meet the kids and hang out. Drew cried because she wasn't here to play with him. And asks about her at least once everyday. I love when my kids love the people I love.

4. An open letter to winter:

Dear Winter~I.AM.SO.OVER.YOU. I'm done with your cold and your dreariness and your just plain bad attitude. I'm done with your germs and your colds and your fevers. Feel free to be done with your business early.

5. I need to start buying motrin and tylenol in massive bulk quantities.

6. Remember how Emily only had four teeth for months on end? No more. That girl is cutting every single tooth in her head RIGHT NOW. It's a really fun time. She's miserable, her reflux is on high alert and never has her desire for "hold me!" been greater.

7. Both of my kids have just had growth spurts rendering their clothes too small. At the same time. Thanks a lot kids!

8. We went to a birthday party at Chuck E. Cheese. Drew had only been once before. He had a pretty fun time. He was super enthralled with Chuck himself and spent quite a bit of time watching the motorized version while he waited for "the real Chuck E. Cheese" to come out. I'm the kind of mom who tries to pretend things like Chuck E. Cheese don't exist, and so far, I think Drew doesn't realize you can go there anytime. And also? I did not even tell him he could use his tickets to get a prize. He had no idea. Just thought the tickets were the prize. And was totally excited about them. Don't judge. That's 30 minutes of agonizing decision making I avoided and one less piece of plastic crap to clean up off my floor. I'm sure he'll tell his therapist all about it some day...

Well. While 8 seems like an awfully random number to end on, I think this mind numbing post should come to an end. It might snow two whole inches tonight, which pretty much guarantees Metro will be closed. Could I be so lucky???

No comments: