Monday, August 15, 2011

Project Monday: Laundry Room Re-do

I'll be honest. Around Saturday it was not looking good for a Monday update. Here is how much motivation I had come Saturday morning: zero. No matter what I did, I could not get going. And my kids? Barnacles. They clung to me with all of their might. It was not pretty.

Somehow, though, late afternoon, I got a burst of energy and while the kids were napping I cleaned out the heinous shelf in the laundry room and took down all the "curtains". I was proud, because typically it is my policy to never do any work during nap time. Like on Thursday when I promptly slipped into a two hour coma during nap time. It's probably very unsettling to be four and to find your mom asleep after your own nap is over (yes, my four year old still naps. Be jealous...) And then even more unsettling when it takes her a solid ninety seconds to get her bearings after you wake her up. "Huh?? Where am I? Who are you?"

So. The laundry room. It sort of has an echo in there now. You would not believe how much stuff I threw out. And then there was so much stuff that needed to be "filed" in a different place. There is tons of space in there now and I really hope I can figure out how to use it in a much smarter way.

I'm bound and determined to get one wall painted before I go back to work on Monday. Determined, I say. And yet, holding loosely, because we all know how well my plans work out. Honeydew, get ready. Mama's comin' for ya!

No comments: