Monday, August 29, 2011

Project Monday: Laundry Room Re-do



Hi-ho! It's Monday again. It comes back around so fast it nearly gives me whiplash.

I'm ashamed to say that no new progress has been made on the laundry room. Many a time this week I've looked longingly at the paint and the brushes lying there. I have had zero time to do it. And I can't really see any painting time on the near horizon. I'm sort of hoping I get an attack of the insomnia, and I can pull a painting all nighter. Right. Like I can pull an all nighter...

I almost fell asleep on my 20 minute commute home at 5 p.m. the other day. Seriously.

Ok. I did manage to get a couple of (really bad) pictures of the progress that has been made. And the system is working beautifully. I'll admit I don't have a ton of things to go in those cubbies just yet, but I'm sure as the kids get older, I'll need them.

Here's the first picture. This is looking in the door. How do you feel about the color? Before you answer let me just say that I'm super duper over the moon about it. I love when the color on the wall matches the color in your mind's eye...


The next view is from the far corner of the laundry room. Notice I said "far corner" like it's all very spacious and far away from each other. It's not. It's like maybe two feet away. Anyway...


Ps. Don't mind the little urchin hand waving in the picture...

Finally, here is a picture of the wall in action. You'll notice the outgoing mail in the cubby. Fancy, huh? It is working great having the dumping station in there. The laundry room is a straight shot from the garage. It's so easy to go straight in, leave bags and shoes and what have you and go on your way. I have the option of untangling it all right then, or closing the door and dealing with it later. I'll give you a nickel if you can guess which one I do most often!


I have to tell you I'm rather pleased with myself. My goal was to have the "system" up and going before we started school and I did. By some miracle time stood still for approximately three days in a row and I worked like a machine. Apparently I'm going to need to set a new goal if I'm ever going to get it finished...

No comments: