Thursday, July 24, 2008

Be Kind, Please Rewind

New phase. Drew likes to watch the same clips of shows over and over and over and over. This is my fault. I should've never done it that first time and he would be none the wiser. In this age of digital cable, we have OnDemand, which means we can catch up with Dora, Blue, or the Backyardigans anytime, day or night. On one hand, it's great, because I can just pick out a show whenever I want (ok, need) it! Remember when you were a little kid and you would almost mourn when a show was over, because your only choice was to wait until the next day when it would be on again? Oh no. Not these kids. Every TV wish is my command. We really don't watch much TV-well, kid TV anyway! But now, we are watching "The Map" sing his dumb map song a million times in a row, or only watching the opening number of the Backyardigans. I'm hearing these songs in my sleep. You know it's bad when you're washing dishes singing, "I'm the map, I'm the map, I'm the map, I'm the map, I'm the maaaap!!"

No comments: