Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Somebody Call a Locksmith!

Drew and Lyla both have a new trick. It involves turning the dead bolt on the door-usually when I'm outside!! The first time this happened, I was unloading the kids from the car. Usually I unload Lyla first, stick her inside the door, and then unload Drew. Imagine my surprise when I went to open the door and it was locked!! By some miracle, I had my keys with me. (If you know me at all you know EXACTLY how much of a miracle this truly was!)

Yesterday I dragged Drew on the longest grocery shopping trip of his entire life. He was a total champ the whole time, and then, poor thing, had to do more shopping after his nap. By the time we got home, he was totally over it. And can you blame him? He got into a serious trouble making mode. And as understanding as I sound now, I wasn't so tolerant yesterday. We went on a walk with a friend in the neighborhood-he loves her and I thought he might like a stroller ride. Not so much. He proceeded to try and stand up in the stroller the whole time. And I really could understand why-he was so tired of riding. But, mid-walk is not a great time to decide you're through. Our only choice is to go home-which includes MORE walking! Needless to say by the time we got back we were seriously on each other's nerves. I took him out of his stroller and put him inside the door and went back to the stroller to get all our stuff. Which didn't include my keys. And he locked me out. I know he's just 18 months old, but I swear he did it on purpose. He was done with me!! At that moment I almost just sat down in the garage and had a major meltdown. What the heck was I going to do??!!?? I had no idea what time Dan would be home, and my phone was inside. Naturally. And then I had a thought...there might be a slight chance the back door was unlocked. Oh, please let it be!!!!!!! Thank God-literally-it was. We then had major lessons in "Don't ever, ever, touch the lock again," and "Keys: Don't leave the house without them!"

No comments: