Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Blueberry Mania!

Today a sort of crazy thing happened. It is the end of the month, a few days before grocery day, so I always have to get creative when feeding the kids. So, this morning I made blueberry pancakes. They really liked them (and so did I!) Since it is Wednesday, it was time for story time, so we loaded up, got our smoothies, and headed towards the library. We were late and had to sit in the back (I won't take the time to comment on the kids' behavior. I've already written a post along those lines...ugh!). Our letter of the day was "B", our color of the day was blue, and our word of the day was blueberries. Cool, I thought, and I said to the kids "Remember how we had blueberry pancakes for breakfast?" They were ignoring me at the time. Ms. Donna read "Blueberries for Sal" and then proceeded to tell us we were having a special snack today. Blueberry bread!! Now, I know this all sounds incredibly yummy, but Lyla has been known to have some issues with blueberries. What are the chances that the one day I EVER make blueberry pancakes, we have blueberry bread at story time??? Sorry Katy!! The kids did have a great time, though. Ms. Donna let them come up front and sample a blueberry. Drew went back for seconds. And then pitched a fit because he couldn't have another one!

We also did a little no TV experiment today. (Well, with the exception of the video in the car) I know lots of people with kids Drew and Lyla's age don't let their kids watch TV at all. I'm not one of those people!! But we had a great day anyway. After lunch we played Katy's version of "Treasure Hunt" and had a great time. Playing with toddlers is a little like improv-eventually you are just looking around the room at the "props" making things up!!

No comments: