Thursday, July 17, 2008

Look Out, Hollywood!!

Today when Lyla came in my house she was wearing pink pajamas and her purple sunglasses. It was pretty much the funniest thing I've ever seen. She has been in full character mode today.

This is a pic of her eating breakfast:


Later she had my cell phone and was walking around saying, "Hello?...Hey!...Doing?" HILARIOUS. How many time has she heard me or her mom say those exact things?? Then she started singing "Row, Row, Row Your Boat". My favorite part is when she sings in a really high voice "Merrily, merrily, merrily". Oh my gosh. She is so stinkin' cute.

We had such a great time in Knoxville. Friday night we got to spend time with our best friends the Pinkners and the Utterbacks. Beth and David have a new little baby boy=#3!! His name is Owen James and he is definitely an Utterback. He looks just like his brothers. I know Beth and David are exhausted, but it was just so great to all be together. We really miss all of them a bunch. Weston's birthday party was awesome! All of the kids (and there were bunches of them!) did so great! Drew loved eating a whole cupcake with about 10 tons of icing on top, as well as 2 lollipops-his first ever! Talk about sugar overload!!

Monday we all went to the zoo and had the best zoo day ever! I was definitely the most excited of anyone, including the kids! LOL! The Knoxville Zoo is ten billion times better than the one here. I'm so glad we went. We are definitely going back, since we didn't even come close to seeing everything. Drew is still talking about the camel who leaned his head out of the pen. He keeps reminding me that he did NOT want to pet the camel. Ha! Like a big lame-o I forgot my camera. As soon as I can get pictures from my sisters, I'll post some.

Monday afternoon we went to visit my grandmother-"Ga Ga"- and my Aunt Brenda. Talk about nuts! Three toddlers in Ga-Ga's house!! Drew was shy at first but came around. At one point he was giving Ga-Ga all the stuff off of her coffee table! Right before we left Ga-Ga came out to the porch and Drew gave her a kiss on the hand. So sweet! He is still talking about that, too!!

Tuesday on our way home, Drew and I stopped off at my friend Mandie's house. She has a little girl who is Lyla's age. We had so much fun playing with them. She also has two older sons who are so freakin' funny.

It was such a fun trip, but so busy. I think after a two hour nap yesterday, I'm finally getting caught up!

No comments: