Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Oh Say Can You See??

Well....

One of my most important life lessons goes something like this: "Life is what happens when you're making other plans." This is good inspiration to make the most of every moment, even if it doesn't turn out quite like you had hoped.

On Thursday night, 4th of July Eve, I found out that a) Daniel had to work all weekend and b) Granna had been kidnapped by her evil boss and would not be able to come down. Boo. For some reason I was SUPER excited about July 4th this year. Maybe I'm super patriotic. Or maybe I just look for any reason to have a party! Things were not looking very party-ish. So, I found some new plans! First, Uncle Sam came over (which is so appropriate to party with Uncle Sam on Independence Day!!) He saved the day! He played and made cookies and was basically just super fun uncle all day. Yay for fun uncles!



We ended up at a neighborhood cookout that was really fun. Thankfully one of the moms brought mac and cheese. Handy, since the only other thing Drew wanted to eat was the ice out of the beer bucket. We had to leave before the fireworks fun. I wasn't too sad about it since I wasn't sure how Drew would do with the fireworks.

The Kelleys came over on Sunday for a cookout. We pigged out and watched Roger Federer lose Wimbledon for the first time in like 25 years. It was really fun to have a chance to eat out on the deck and just hang out while the kiddos slept.

We missed Granna and Papaw Mike so much, but we did our best to celebrate our freedom without them!

No comments: