Tuesday, February 9, 2010

4 months old!




A few days late, as usual, but Emily is 4 months old!! She had her 4 month check-up today, so I waited to post so I could include her current stats.

Emily, at four months:

*You weigh 13 lbs. and 13 oz. Dr. Betts said he hopes 13 isn't an unlucky number for you!! Maybe you'll just gain an ounce right quick and we won't have to worry about it. Or, we could just not be superstitious. Either way.

*You are 24.75 inches long

*You have definitely outgrown your 0-3 month clothes, but you barely fit in 3-6 months. I have two 0-3 month gowns that I'm sentimental about-I keep putting them on you. I guess I'll quit when they fit like a mini dress!

*We have weathered your first cold. It was not too bad. You didn't even run a fever. I did learn that you like to eat to feel better (no idea where you'd get that...) It took me a while to catch on since Drew usually refused to eat when he was feeling bad.

*You are eating 8 oz. in your bottle. You eat the first 5 or 6 like a champ and like to hang around a while before finishing the rest. You have better things to do. Like gnaw your fingers until they are raw.

*You love to sit in your Bumbo seat-especially up on the table (shhhh! don't tell!) while the rest of us eat dinner. You want to be in the center of the action, always.

*You are one of those babies who makes people feel good about themselves. You have such easy smiles and laughs.

*You still babble up a storm and have started making the "ma-ma-ma" sound. I swear! You can ask Drew. He's heard it.

*You are still not sleeping through the night and let me just say I have tried every trick in the book. So, I'm on a break and I'm just letting you wake up whenever you feel like it. I did get six hours of sleep IN A ROW two nights ago. So, thanks for that!

*We are still having some troubles with your stomach, although at this point I'd consider them mild. We are going to be trialing the Prevacid OTC to see if we can't get it under control a little better. 4-6 months is usually reflux hell, so if we can get you feeling good, I'll be so happy.

*You love, love to be snuggled. I hope this never, ever goes away. I spend a lot of time holding you because you just nestle in so good.

We love you so much baby sis! It is so much fun to see you learning and growing!

No comments: