Friday, February 26, 2010

Well, then.

A few weeks ago I was reading in Exodus and there was this verse that, seriously, jumped right off the page. If my life were a cartoon it would have had blinking lights and arrows all around it. Listen, I try to be really careful about going "fishing" for verses-just pulling a verse out of context and trying to make it fit my life. But, sometimes, you just know the Lord is trying to speak. And this was one of those times.

"The Lord will fight for you, while you keep silent." Exodus 14:14

Or, if you're like me and need a really blunt word of truth, here it is from The Message:

"God will fight the battle for you.
And you? You keep your mouths shut!"

Silence is not my gift. Apparently, I need to be working on it.

1 comment:

jon. said...

man, i can think of a million ways this applies. just be silent and let the lord (who is way stronger and better anyway) fight for us. what a novel idea.