Friday, July 30, 2010

I Think a Change, Will Do You Good

So...how do you like the new digs?? I'm still trying to decide. Ya'll, you were thisclose to losing me last night. I was getting ready to shut 'er down. I was going to abandon my mommy blabber for a full-on fanatical Criminal Minds fan blog. (Have you see this show??? I'm SUPER addicted. Thanks Katy.) But, lucky for you, I persevered through technological purgatory and came out on the other side. I just wanted to play around with the the blogger templates, but APPARENTLY, there is no going back. I spent an embarrassingly long time getting to this. Imagine if I had any bigger aspirations!

And yes, I took down the sidebar o' goals. It was just too much going on over there. I haven't forgotten about them, but some of them have been replaced by other more important things. So. Now you'll never know...it's going to haunt you, isn't it??

*On a completely unrelated note I have to tell you the things my son had to eat before 10:30 a.m. this morning. 1. 2 bowls of Honey Nut Cheerios 2. Two hot dogs with ketchup (no idea!) 3. A mini bag of Doritos (look, we were at Wal-Mart and he needed a distraction. Don't judge.) 4. A mug of hot chocolate. Can you say gross me out??? Then we came home for lunch and he declared he wanted a salad. He ate around three bites and said he was full. Ya think? Fifteen minutes later he asked for a strawberry milkshake (Carnation Instant Breakfast) and proceeded to down the whole thing. He said, "I'm not really in the mood for anything with vegetables." Just one more reason to nominate me as Mother of the Year.

*I managed to break the garage door again. I know all of you are jealous that you don't live with me. My poor Big Dan. After a hard days work, probably one in which someone yelled or cussed at him, all he wanted to do was come home, open the garage door, change into his basketball shorts and relax. Nope. Not married to this old gal. Yesterday afternoon I got a big energy burst and decided to make the most of it and do some jobs. I quickly unloaded my recycling containers out of the back of my car. Apparently, I forgot to close the hatch on the back of my car, and when Big Dan came home and tried to open the door, it broke. Sigh. I thought I was kicking tail and taking names yesterday afternoon. I had to call Chad the garage door repairman. We're getting close, Chad and I. I plan to beg (on my knees if I have to) for him to find a way to fix it without replacing the door. Beg, I say!

Here's hoping I don't cost us any extra money for the rest of today!

No comments: