Monday, November 5, 2012

BOO! (Yippee!)

This is the post that almost never happened.  It almost never happened because the mother in this scenario is a complete mental case.  She put her phone in the WASHING MACHINE.  But, because of superior product (and by superior product I mean rice) her phone has been revived.  Don't call it a comeback.  Boom!

And you are going to be so glad.  When you see all the cuteness you're going to want to thank me.

See what I mean???  I thought we'd start with this one.  My sister Kristin came across a lady who makes super cute custom dresses for little ladies.  And she has purchased a few for Emily.  Three cheers for an aunt who spoils you rotten!!

I am currently in a phase of my life where I literally live one day at a time.  This means that I did not think about Halloween until, well, Halloween.  Thankfully, Lyla had a costume party for her birthday, so we already had costumes.  Because if we didn't, there's a good chance we would've hit up Target on the way home from school Wednesday.  While we had costumes, we did not have a pumpkin.  And Kroger was out.  OUT of pumpkins.  Sheesh.  I had a slight moment of panic where I envisioned me having to hop the fence at the pumpkin farm to procure a pumpkin. Luckily, it's the 21st century and there is another grocery store within .1 miles of the Kroger.  And they had pumpkins.  Crisis averted.  So, just in the nick of time we cleaned out our pumpkin and carved him up.  Sadly, I just realized I did not get a picture of our finished pumpkin.  And, well, today he was chopped up and put in a plastic jar. So my class can watch him decompose.  I know, I know.  My job is glamourous.







Don't you love her face in this one??


After a good dinner, we costumed up and got ready to hit the 'hood.  




This was, without a doubt, our best go at Trick or Treat yet.  Both kids were big enough to really get into it.  Emily was especially into it as she made BFFs with every neighbor we visited.  She kept close tabs on things like how many dogs people had and what they were watching on TV.  Drew was much more get the candy and get out.  

We hit quite a few houses and then Drew waved the white flag. He was ready to get home, and I feel sure he was motivated by needing to eat some candy stat.  We examined the stash, stuffed our faces, and put the rest in a communal treat box.  Big Dan and I are currently imposing the candy tax as often as possible!


It turns out you can still make memories and have a great time even when you don't have a plan.  This is big news for me!  I am so, so thankful for my babies.  I am having a blast being their mom.

No comments: