Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Nothing Worked for Seinfeld

I have absolutely nothing of import to report today.

But, I'm writing this post because a) I'm procrastinating homework and b) I just felt like I wanted to stop by.  And chit chat.  I do love a good chit chat session.  Although, not usually on the phone.  I do talk to my sisters on the phone fairly regularly, but that's because when my kids start acting like mental patients (which is GUARANTEED the minute I pick up the phone) I can act mean without fear of judgement.

After yesterday's marathon day I could not get into bed fast enough.  Only, I'd had some late afternoon caffeine which hindered my falling asleep abilities.  This is the rub.  By 4:00 every day, I'm ready to cash it in.  Sadly, at 4:00, I still have a solid 3 1/2 hours of hard Mom labor ahead of me.  So, I usually end up having a caffeinated beverage to get me through.  And then it gets me through to at least midnight.  Which would be fine if I didn't have to get up at the preamble to the crack of dawn.  It's a conundrum, without doubt.

I cleaned out my car today for the first time in a long time.  When we have several busy weeks in a row, we basically live in the car.  I told someone not too long ago that if we got stranded in my car for two weeks, we could probably survive just from all the junk in there.  I cleaned out a lot of random stuff today, including, but not limited to: a whiffle ball bat, footy pajamas, a battery powered alarm clock, a purse, Buzz Lightyear, 4 pairs of Emily's shoes, and fingernail polish.  Don't ask, because I have no explanation.

Tonight at karate Drew got his sparring gear and his first go at sparring.  I'm here to tell you that nothing is funnier than little kids, in sparring gear that is slightly too big, trying to spar.  It's weird, because if you put these same kids on the playground without protective head gear, they are much rougher.  In the gym, all padded up, they all act scared.  I could feel my inner "sideline mom" rearing her ugly head tonight.  I did let some "encouragement" slip out, but it was nothing compared to what was happening in my mind.  Some really appropriate things like, "HIT HIM, Drew.  Don't let him push you back!! Punch him in the chest! Go for the head!"  The other kid was 4.  Maybe it's best if we don't involve Drew in any other sports.  I'd hate to have to explain a restraining order to my boss...

Tomorrow I am staying home.  All day.  Just Em and I (and maybe a visit from my best buddy, Van) and I couldn't be happier about it.  Even if I will spend all day doing laundry and washing dishes, at least I can do all of that in my pajamas!

No comments: