Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Tuesday Talking Points

1. The Election-Don't be afraid.  I'm not about to post one, single opinion here.  That would be because I don't have have one, single opinion.  Let's just say I will not be receiving any outstanding citizen awards this election cycle.  All in all, I have pretty much pretended none of it is happening.  I just didn't have one ounce of space for any sort of social action stress.  I figure if I have to be in denial about some part of life, this is a pretty benign place to put my head in the sand.

2. Today I picked up some Burt's Bees Milk and Honey lotion.  I have forgotten how much I adore it.  When I opened the bottle and sniffed, I immediately felt so happy.  I am keeping it in my classroom for my chapped hands.  It's sort of like dishpan hands only it's from washing my hands 237 times a day to appease the Department of Human Services.

3. Speaking of DHS, our big 3-star evaluation is tomorrow.  I can't remember if I blogged about it last year, but I ended up being picked.  So, I'm not as afraid this year.  I might be a tiny bit apathetic.  But, my classroom looks pretty fab.  My actual class on the other hand?  Loose cannons, all eight of them.  There is just no predicting what mayhem and foolishness they will be into.  At least the evaluator will be entertained.

4.  Wanna know what I'm watching on TV right now?  Well.  I should say, "Wanna know what I'm watching on Netflix these days?"  I have a serious problem.  I like to call it a show binge.  When I hit on a show I love I have a tendency to make really poor choices, like staying up until 2 a.m. to watch just.one.more.episode.  It's a sickness. (You might remember the Friday Night Lights incident...)  I have been obsessed with Dr. Who (which is way out of my normal genre, but completely addictive), Revenge, and Army Wives.  And now I have to wait a whole week for a new episode of Revenge.  It's like the TV dark ages.  I am also super in love with Duck Dynasty.  If I could grow a beard, I totally would.

5. Being a sports fan in Tennessee is just brutal right now.  I'm sad over the state of things at UT, particularly with the football team.  The problem is, I get overly emotional about coaches.  I need to harden up and just say, "Hey, your team is sucking up it.  Peace out."  But, I can't.  I have a tendency to think about how devastating this must all feel to a man who probably thought he'd found his dream job.  This causes my husband to roll his eyes.  I am a fairly great football wife because I love it.  However, my inability to separate my emotions causes me to lose points.  I'm not sure what's going to happen.  Chances are I'll shed a tear or two before it's all done.

Get some sleep, kids.  We may wake up to a whole new nation tomorrow.


No comments: