Friday, November 9, 2012

Friday Funnies

I have never been so happy for a Friday in my whole life!

That might be an exaggeration considering I can't remember anything beyond about a week ago.

In any case, I'm glad to close the book on this one, kids.

I thought I'd leave you with a couple of random tidbits that made me giggle.

First, a couple of weeks ago we were in music class at the preschool.  The music teacher is a good friend of mine and she is pretty much like Elvis to the 3-5 year old set.  They ADORE her.  And it's because she's really good.  Anyway, she does this song with them sometimes called "Don't Throw Your Junk In My Backyard".  I hope you're familiar with it.  It's super fun.  In case you're not, basically she asks for volunteers to tell things not to throw in the backyard.  It's always funny.  Kids say some weird stuff.  But.  The last time we did the song, she asked a little girl in my class for her answer.  And she said kitties.  Only she's three and has some speech issues and used a "t" instead of a "k".  I'll give you a minute to mull it over...

RIGHT??!!??

I wish, wish, wish you could have seen the look on Mrs. Ruth's face!!  She froze.  And didn't know what to do!  I quickly came to the rescue with an interpretation and then set forth to DIE LAUGHING for the rest of the song.  "Don't throw your kitties in my backyard, my backyard, my backyard. Don't throw your kitties in my backyard, my backyard's full...of kitties."  Seriously.  Not to mention that with those friends the "girls" will henceforth be known as the "kitties".

Then there was the time I changed my pants in the car line at school.  That time was today.

We had a pajama party in my class today at school, complete with little individual boxes of cereal.  Because, really? Is there a better snack than your own little box of cereal?  Doubtful.  Anyway, I had to pop into Drew's classroom to talk to his teacher this morning, so I packed my p.j. pants in my teacher bag and put them on when I got to school.  Because, listen, I may not have much pride left at this point, but the shred that remains strictly prohibits me from wearing pajamas in public. Skip to the afternoon when I have exactly zero minutes between school getting over and the time I need to leave in order to make it to Drew's school on time.  So, I did what any slightly insane person might do.  I changed my pants in the car.  In the car line.  At school.  I had to do it fast because the last thing you want is to get honked at in the car line.  Particularly if you aren't wearing pants at the time.

Happy weekend, everyone!  I'm going to spend mine concentrating on not putting my phone in the washing machine.  Hope yours is filled with lofty goals too!

No comments: