Sunday, July 12, 2009

Road Trippin'!

Whew weeee! We just got back in from a whirlwind trip to Knoxville to celebrate Weston's 3rd birthday. (Please join me in a moment of silence over the fact that the "big" kids are all turning 3 this year...sniff...) The fabulous fire fighter party was not until Saturday, but Katy and I decided to join forces and head to K-town on Wednesday. I'm not sure I'm going to be able to paint the picture for you. It was sheer madness. We had three car seats crammed in the back seat of my car. The back area packed to the gills and our bags filled with essentials needed at a moment's notice wedged in all around us in the front. The kids did great on the way down minus a few dicey moments. And, you'll be proud to know that the words, "Don't make me pull this car over" were actually spoken during the course of this trip.

We had a great time staying with Grammy. Drew and I slept in the same bed for the first time ever. I'm still trying to figure out how he managed to take up as much room in the bed as Daniel does!! Poor kid. Sleeping with me these days is no picnic. Considering changing sides is like a major process and the fact that I get up to visit the restroom around 149 times a night, it can be slightly disrupting.

Thursday we spent the day with Weston while Kristin and Wade were busy holding down the fort at Edmondson Construction. I decided on the way over that I would be putting together some structured activities and a schedule. Laugh if you want, but three 2 (almost three) year olds has meltdown potential like you would not believe! We had a great time-the kids did great!

And let me just add in a shout out to Baby Van, who barely makes his presence known in the midst of all the toddler mayhem! Sweet baby. He is my boyfriend already!

Friday was more hanging out with Kristin and Weston and Saturday was the par-tay. The big bash took place at Nana and Poppy's pool (speaking of, Lyla and Drew have adopted Nana as their own!) You should have seen Drew swimming! He jumped off the diving board and went down the slide!!!!!! Daniel and I kept looking at each other like "Who's kid is this???" Once we got him a fabulous new floatie he is like a new man.

We had a great time and were all exhausted by the time it was over. No other way to have a road trip, though, right??

No comments: