Thursday, November 20, 2008

"Weet"

"Weet"~this would be how Drew says the word wait. We have been having some talks about waiting lately. Like most of his fellow humans, Drew is super into instant gratification, and I have to say that sometimes it is tempting to give in just to stop the screaming/whining/crying. But all I can think about is Veruca Salt and the other brats from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.



And we all know what happened to them. So, we're working on it. "Wait for your favorite song to come on," "Wait for lunch to be ready", "Wait to sit on my lap until I'm finished eating" and on and on it goes. I've been really frustrated at what a hard lesson this is to teach. But even more than that, I've been dealing with my own impatience. I think this might be the hardest lesson for me to teach because it is what I am very worst at.

I'm a horrible wait-er. I constantly have to work on my patience. And so, in training up my child in the way he should go, I am also having to work on my own childish heart. "Have patience, have patience, don't be in such a hurry..."

No comments: