Thursday, December 10, 2009

Let the Wild Rumpus Start!

It is only THREE days until my first baby turns THREE!! Pardon me for a moment while I go sob. Can I be honest? I'm not a baby person. I do not love the baby days and on Drew's first birthday I felt like I had finished a marathon. But, man oh man, do I ever LOVE a toddler/preschooler. It's my favorite and I've taken to asking Drew if he will stay little forever. He tells me no, that he has to grow up, (and that he wants to be a daddy when he grows up!), but I think he secretly likes me to say it.

Today we kicked off the birthday shenanigans with a little celebration at school. I got to hang out with Drew in his class for a little bit and then we handed out Wild Things masks and donut holes. Kids are hilarious. I could get really annoying wanting to hang around his classroom. I miss being with other kids on a regular basis. And what could be a more appropriate description of a 3 year old class than "Wild Things"?? My favorite was the one little boy who kept saying, "But these monsters are only pretend", reassuring himself not to be afraid!













At the end of our little party the teacher said, "Tell Drew's mommy thank you." And the kids all said "Thank you, Drew's mommy!" I love being Drew's mommy. Drew looked at me and said, "Thank you mommy. This makes my heart happy."

And that's why I do it.

No comments: