Friday, December 18, 2009

Makeshift Spa Day

Emily had a rough night. Don't run screaming-I'm not going to bore you with more tales from the troubled tummy. I only wanted to set the tone for today.

When I got up this morning (I would say woke up, but let's face it-I'd already done that about 25 times...) I was in the bitter barn. I am tired and I'm tired of my baby struggling. And it was raining. And Drew had that look in his eye that said, "I'm going to give you a run for your money today!" 3 year olds can sense weakness, you know. They are like predators in nature. My bleary eyes and disheveled hair were his signal to kick it up a notch. He was in time out before 8 o'clock.

Anyway, where were we? Oh yeah. The bitter barn.

So, I decided to take it easy today, let myself off the guilt hook and take the time to do some things I haven't done in...well...a while. We'll leave it at that. First stop-remove the funk. I took a shower. A long one. I'm squeaky clean now! Second, I used an actual hair dryer on my hair. Then a hair straightener. Then a (gasp) curling iron. I even dabbed in a little product. And then I realized I'm in serious need of a hair cut considering 1/2 the length of my hair is split ends.

The next item on the agenda were my feet. I don't think my feet have ever been this dry. Really, "dry" doesn't even begin to describe it. One of my favorite things to do is get a pedicure, but both time and money have been scarce for things like pedicures. What, with all the smashed garage doors and all. Don't worry though, because I have some fabulous Burt's Bees coconut foot creme and some bee socks to put on over the cream. This stuff works magic, but given the state of my feet, I may need multiple treatments.

I applied lotion to the rest of my dried out skin and then got to work on my eyebrows. And I do mean work. Facial shrubbery runs in the family (somehow Katy escaped it) and today the hedges needed trimming. I HATE plucking with a burning hot passion and I like having my brows waxed only a teeny bit more than I like plucking. But, I have this fabulous little tool that does a great job and is pain free! Finishing Touch, it's called. You may have seen it as a Sold on TV product. I got mine at Walgreens.

During my "beauty" regimen Drew kept looking at me like I had two heads and saying, "Will you PLEASE put your pony tail back on?" Poor kid. Seeing mommy perty up ripped a hole right in his little universe!

No comments: