Thursday, March 4, 2010

Ants Marching

I had planned to write about Grammy's birthday extravaganza last weekend today, but I can't. Because my house is CRAWLING WITH ANTS!!!! I am not ashamed to admit that I am completely OVER THE EDGE about the ant situation. For the past couple of years we would have a few ants here and there. Nothing we couldn't deal with on our own. But this year, the ants have attacked on a whole new level. I am so disgusted. Nothing makes you feel dirty like a bunch of bugs crawling all over your house.

I asked the ladies in my mom's club for some recommendations for exterminators. I found a good one and they told me they would be able to come out the same day. Well, hallelujah. Teresa got here and made quick work of spraying the whole bottom level with a pet/kid friendly spray (hooray!). And then she gave me the bad news. It will take 14 DAYS for the treatment to take full effect. 14 DAYS!!!! Sick. I have noticed a drop off in the amount of ants in the house, but those little suckers are resourceful. I've seen them coming in in new places. They are hiding in crazy places-LIKE INSIDE MY COMPUTER!!! I'm not kidding. I was sitting here on the computer and two came crawling out of my keyboard! AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! Did I mention I'm over the edge?

I think some of my stress has been misplaced on the ants. Drew is in a, well, phase. I'm pretty bummed about it.

It's much easier to scream at the ants. And more appropriate. You know, as appropriate as it is to scream.

It's only been four days. This means 10 more days of ants. There is a really good chance that I'll need to be committed before then.

No comments: