Monday, March 1, 2010

Not Me! Monday



I must confess. I'm a mess. (Boo! I know, terrible. I'm running out of ways to start these posts. No more lame rhymes, I swear!) It's Monday, which means time to unload some of the not-so-proud moments in my life. Lucky for you, there are plenty! If you just can't get enough, head over to MckMama's site for more Not Me! fun.

I did not try to run two major errands, on opposite sides of town, on a Friday, at 4:30 p.m. in Nashville. I would never do that because I'm totally clued in to the major amounts of traffic that pour onto the roads at 4:30 p.m. in Nashville, especially on Friday. I have not been in my home or in my little circle of town for so long that this fact slipped my mind. No way! I would never do that. Because then I would have a preschooler with a meltdown and a hungry baby freaking out. Whew. Good thing I avoided that.

I do not watch so much Children's T.V. that I get semi-obsessed with the real life characters and their real lives. I have not been known to Google some of them to see what they're doing now, and I certainly don't find myself thinking, "Awww, I really like them. I hope they make it in show biz." Because that is sad and weird. And I'm neither. Really.

I did not send my husband off to work today in a near midriff undershirt because I'm so behind on the laundry. That would be sad. And probably uncomfortable.

I did not nearly come unhinged when my preschooler said to me, "Mommy, I'm tired of you." It did not take every ounce of my self-restraint not to say, "Oh really? Because I'm pretty dang tired of you today, too." Only a really mean mom would think that about her precious three year old. And I certainly did not throw it back in his face later, when he pitched a fit about my leaving the house. I did not say, "Remember when you said you were tired of me? Well, now's your chance for a break."

Well. Enough patting myself on the back for today. I'm sure there's more, however, it's nap time, and I have some sitting around to do.

1 comment:

Le Crunchy Mama said...

Oh my goodness, i am literally laughing out loud! It WOULD be sad and weird to Google kids' show stars. So glad nobody does it! Not you, and definitely NOT ME either! Thanks for the laugh!