Thursday, July 22, 2010

Hot and Bothered

Did you notice that little sign in the upper left hand corner of my blog?? Yes, I use a free site to put up a background on my blog. Have you ever asked how much it costs to get one made? A lot. Especially for a blog that 8 people read. No offense. You know I love my 8, but unless someone is paying me to do this, I ain't paying for a background. And now mine is going to disappear?? Boo.

I logged in today to write a post about Drew in all of his 3 1/2 year old glory. And then I got annoyed. And then I decided it was too hot to be emotional, writing about my son. I'm not sure if you're aware, but it is like the heat of 10,000 suns is beating down on Nashville. From what I hear, it's like that just about everywhere now. Sadly, it turns out that when it is in the mid 90's-100's and humid, our poor a/c units just can't keep up. Yes, I said units, plural. We have two-one upstairs and one downstairs-and they still can't keep up. We had the a/c people come out early in the summer when it was unbearably hot because we thought something was wrong. Nope. Both units are in great shape. It's just TOO FREAKING HOT. So, around nap time each day, the temperature in our house starts creeping up and by dinner time, it's sweltering. Sounds fun, huh?? All I can think about everyday is how thankful I am that I am not pregnant. If you think I'm whiny now...

I'm working really hard to keep the irritability under control. It's hard for a girl when chocolate and cinnamon/brown sugar pop-tarts are not on the menu.

So, instead of writing a sweet post about my fantastic son, I'll be waiting 4.5 days for the Cutest Blog on the Block site to download so I can try to figure out what the heck is going on. Promise you won't stop reading if I go back to blogspot basic, K??

Edited to add:
Ok. I followed some vague instructions over on TCBOTB and it should get things cleared up soon. I realize none of you are remotely concerned about the background on my blog, but I keep feeling a strong compulsion to tell you about it...

1 comment:

Paula said...

And being preggers in this heat STINKS!!!!! I keep the house on like 60....shew....this extra weight has to go....well...soon enough

Hope your background works out. A friend is doing a give away contest for a free background make over....go to
http://www.munchkinland-designs.com/

Jenn is great!!! Join the contest!! Can't hurt!