Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Balloon-o-phobia

It might be news to you that I am kind of afraid of balloons. Some people have issue with the squeaky sound balloons make when you rub them. My main issue is the popping. I HATE to hear a balloon pop. It all goes back to that dang sit on the balloon game. i once staged a major protest over that game...in fourth grade.

So, today it was raining, and I had no activity plan other than the playground. And don't think I wasn't tempted to take them in the rain and call it water play! Instead, we painted with water and played balloon games. "Balloon games" to toddlers basically means knocking them around, pretending to blow them up, and pinching them. I was a complete nervous wreck all day long. At the same time I was trying really hard not to pass my irrational balloon fear on to the kids. I would catch myself screeching "Stop!" at them when they did anything to the balloon that might make it pop. I was nervously laughing AT MYSELF. Geez. I might need professional help for this one.

I would like to give a shout out to my neighborhood State Farm agent who dropped off a goody bag in my mailbox a few weeks ago. So far I have used the lollipops for a major bribe and used the balloons for some rainy day fun. Anyone who wants to drop off sweets and toys at my house is always welcome!

No comments: