Sunday, August 17, 2008

Welcome to Nashvegas

We have new neighbors!! Well, sort of. They are cross-town neighbors, but it is sure closer than Flagstaff, Arizona! Uncle Mick and Ms. Lindsay (is it -ay or -ey??? I have such a mental block on this!!) are now citizens of Nashville. Woo-hoo!! We went over to their new house for dinner last night. Their new house is so stinkin' pretty. I am especially a big fan of the kitchen, particularly the faucet. =) We got to meet Lindsey's parents and eat some yummy, yummy food, and best of all Drew didn't do any permanent damage to anything (although he did give it his best shot. Most notably, the banana he slipped to Kramer!) I am so excited to have some more family close by and most selfishly, I am excited that they will be baby sitting for us on Sunday nights, which means, no more "blind dates" to find a new sitter. Hooray!

Drew had such a fun time playing with Mick and Lindsay (do you notice how I'm alternating the spelling?? I've got to commit the correct spelling to memory really soon!) that at one point I went in the room to check on him and he told me to move and he shut the door on me! Particularly thrilling to him was the fact that both of them use Burt's Bees chapstick, which for some odd reason, he loves!

We had a great, full, fun, exciting weekend. Drew didn't get to bed until 10 p.m. last night!! Which is probably why he is still asleep 3 hours after I put him down!

No comments: