Saturday, August 23, 2008

We Interrupt Your Normally Scheduled Programming...

So I'm training for a 5K right now. Finished laughing yet?? I know, I know, it seems very unlike me to do something so, oh I don't know...active! But it's true. The mom's club I belong to has put together a team for the Nashville Race for the Cure. I had my first "long" run today and it went great.

But that's not really the point of my post. In my running today I noticed three things. First, I saw an AMAZING sunrise! Since I've been getting up early to run, I have seen some of the most beautiful sunrises, right outside my door. Second, there was a lot of traffic for 6:00 a.m. on Saturday morning. Last, there was SO MUCH litter on the side of the road. All I could think was, "Do people still litter???" I mean, come on, littering is like so, 1985. We have much bigger things to worry about like fossil fuels and carbon footprints, and people are still littering?? I was appalled. There were lots of beer cans so maybe it's drunken littering, which while not excusing it, at least makes me feel like people weren't in their right minds when they littered. But there were also styrofoam containers, fast food bags...all sorts of gross things. Shocking. Simply shocking. Somewhere the Indian is crying.


No comments: