Friday, May 1, 2009

Potty "Learning" Day Three

Do you like how I'm sticking with Learning in the quotation marks? I mean, I'm nothing if not consistent.

We had a very successful Day Three. Lyla was at her Nene's house-we swapped a day-so Drew and I stuck close to home and practiced the potty all day long. He did REALLY great. He usually has a lot more to get rid of in the morning, so I have to keep a close eye on him. I have instituted an every 30 minute potty break rule and it is working pretty well. Sometimes we miss the mark by 15 minutes or so, but yesterday when it happened, Drew told me!! He ran into my bathroom and took care of business, only getting a tiny bit on his shorts. Woo hoo! He also has a hard time realizing he needs to get all of the pee pee out in one sitting so he doesn't have to go right back in 3 minutes. I had to up the ante on this one-so now, if he'll try a few times to push the pee pee out, he gets TWO skittles instead of one. (You should be really proud that I am not including all manner of crude sayings that come to my mind during this process!) This kid is a master negotiator. Pretty soon he'll be asking for a bike when he goes!

Today we are on hiatus because we had to be away from home all morning. But, the forecast is calling for rain for about the next 45 days, so we'll have plenty of time to stay in and practice!!

No comments: