Monday, January 4, 2010

Not Me! Monday


It's that time again!! Time to admit to the world (or the 8 of you) the shameful mom things I have done. For more moms airing their dirty laundry head over to MckMama's blog.

This Monday's Not Me! Monday is the special "We finally went back to church addition!" We finally went back to church yesterday. The first time since Ms. Emily came on the scene. I was nervous, I'm not going to lie.

But, at least I did not spend the whole morning praying, asking God to help us get out the door without a fight. Not me! My family would never argue on the Lord's Day or ever spend the ride to church in relative silence. I also did not forget to mention to Big Dan that I wasn't quite ready to leave baby sis in the nursery and therefore, she'd be coming with us to the service. He did not almost turn the car around.

Once we got Drew dropped off (with almost NO drama!) we headed into the sanctuary. Emily was awesome. She feel asleep during the loudest worship set ever. We also had two very long "periods of quiet" in which we were supposed to be reflecting on our hearts and other very serious things. I was definitely not saying whisper prayers for the "period of quiet" to hurry up and be over in case Emily needs to scream. That would be SUPER unspiritual of me. I would never hope for a time of reflection to end.

I also did not spend the majority of the service hoping against hope that Emily would not pass gas during the service. Ya'll her gas is so wrong! I don't know if it's from the formula or what, but it's awful. I was definitely not afraid that if she did, no one would ever believe it was her, and would instead think it was me. Lighting it up during worship. Not me! I spent my worship time focused on the Lord. I would never spend an entire worship service thinking about bodily functions.

Maybe I need to look into that whole nursery thing after all...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay, so I hope you're counting me in your tally of people who read your blog. First of all, it's one of the few that I actually laugh out loud. Second, you always alleviate a little mommy guilt with your honesty. I, too, would never pray that whoever is praying during the worship service would shut up and hurry it up and get back to the music which drowns out crying, cooing, whining, or any other baby noises. Love you guys!