Thursday, August 27, 2009

Free Nashville (sort of)-Burns Park

This installment of Free Nashville is not technically located in Nashville. It is technically in Kingston Springs, TN, which is a few miles west of my part of town. Which, by the way, where we live in Nashville is about as south and as west as you can get and still be in Davidson County.

The afore mentioned mom's club I belong to has been a wealth of information on events and places to go. And even though I'm a lame member, I am indebted to them for some of our most fun outings. This one is no different.

Many times I got emails about the group heading to Kingston Springs to a place called Burns Park to play at a "splash ground". For some reason I had it in my mind that it was quite a trek to Burns Park and just never went. Well, somehow having the moral support of Katy, it didn't seem so daunting. And then we laughed. Because it is SO close to home!! Now, if you are coming from the other side of town, it would be a trip, but one I feel is definitely worth making.

Burns Park is amazing. First, there is the splash ground, which in case you don't know, is a very trendy place to play. Splash grounds are springing up all over the place. This particular one has large "sprinklers", fountains and a playground surface that stays relatively slip free. I say relatively because Weston had a nice wipe out when we were there a few weekends ago. In addition to the super fun splash ground there is a traditional playground. The playground is great-it has play places for all ages-from the very little to the very big. Plenty of swings and loads of stuff to climb on and through. For the adults, you should know the bathrooms are clean, there are two very large picnic pavilions, and a walking trail-you know in case you have the kind of kids who would actually play while you walked. There is also a HUGE field.

I have a fantasy about having some sort of large gathering at this place. I'm still working on what I need to celebrate. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: